All,

I'm getting segfaults on every page request I make to
a mod_perl handler thats running under
HTML::Embedperl. We're trying to migrate away from
Embperl as fast as possible, but whenever I call
HTML::Embperl::Execute in my code more than 4 or 5
times.... I get seg faults..

perl 5.6, apache 1.3.33...

I realise that this is one of those 'needle in a
haystack emails' but I was wondering if anybody has
any experience  running HTML::Embperl who may have
seen this sort of thing before.. I know that the code
I'm using doesn't segfault when I ran it on a
different machine - one I'd built myself and it was
running under perl 5.8.5.

[Mon Dec 13 18:25:16 2004] [notice] child pid 24141
exit signal Segmentation Fault (11)

We can't upgrade to perl 5.8 as some of the legacy
code we have just breaks - (think code written 5 years
ago, without the concept of use strict).

I've tried looking at the embedperl scripts that are
being called, and no matter which ones I comment
out,(remove possibility that it's some component
within the embperl thats causing it) it's always the
5th or 6th script being run that causes the segfault..

Marty