Vincent Moneymaker wrote:
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

Possibly a problem with clear_stash()

[...]

so both modules are located in the same directory, right? Can you reduce
those module to the very minimum while one still reloads and the other
doesn't and post them here, and I'll try to reproduce it here. Also

please

past the relevant bits from httpd.conf. Thanks.

I'd like to have look at what code you have in Apache/Menus.pm if that's

possible.

Could you also try applying this small debugging patch and try again?

Posting

the "[clear_stash]" log lines from your error_log back ?

Sorry for the slow follow up to Stas, but I've been swamped with work.
Anyway, I will follow up on your suggestions and post the Menus.pm code.  I
suspect though that I know what the problem is.  Originally, the Menus.pm
module didn't have a declared package name.  Only after I ran into the
reload problem did I declare it as being part of the Apache namespace.
Somehow, I think this is what is causing the problem.  When I get a chance
(hopefully tonight or tomorrow) I am going to test this theory out by giving
the module a completely different name like Menus2.pm and declaring it from
the start as being part of the Apache namespace.

But you also indicated that all versions before 1.99_17 did work w/o the package declaration, so that would be mean a behavior change.