On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 17:41, Todd Grimason wrote:
> * Cory Omand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-01-06 19:46]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm attempting to build mp2 2.0.0-RC3 as a non-root user, and am having
> > some difficulty getting mp2 to install everything to a path of my
> > choosing so I can package it up.  Apache2 is built and installed in
> > /opt/csw/apache2, and therefore mp2 is attempting to install the xs
> > header files into /opt/csw/apache2/include, despite specifying a path to
> > DESTDIR.  There does not appear to be an easy way to make everything
> > relocate using 'make install DESTDIR=/tmp/a' or similar.  Can anyone
> > shed some light on how to get an installation of this type working?
>
> Can't say for sure if it's the same for MP2, but I just did this with
> MP1 using PREFIX rather than DESTDIR and it worked fine. I suppose if
> you want to further customize all the different locations though that
> won't cut it...

Well, I tried out PREFIX, but the XS header files and mod_perl.so itself
still will not relocate without manual changes to the Makefile.  The
Perl modules *do* relocate properly using DESTDIR.  Anyone out there
building RPMs or other packages from mp2 in a non-root environment?

- C.

--
Cory Omand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>