I was looking into this a while back, and came across
several posts that described using a PerlAccessHandler
to determine if PerlAuthenHandler should be set or
not.

You could then setup PerlSetVar Require_Auth '0' in
any sublocations that didn't need Auth. your
AccessHandler would then do a set-handlers call and
get it to return OK for an AuthHandler (I've tried to
dig out the syntax but I can't find it)..

I tried it briefly and couldn't get it to work at all,
but I got the impression that this was down to the
really quirky setup I was trying to do it on.

Anyway not much help, but perhaps give you something
to search google on,

Marty

 --- Ferrari Geoffrey

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com