Sean Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> Thanks Joe, Tom, and Geoff for the replies.  To answer all of you:
>
> I am NOT using mp2 and I think the behavior is documented for mp1, as
> others have suggested.

True, you can't share the post data in an apache-1 server, so
either use the POST-to-GET kludge, or make sure all the modules
use the same parsing library (CGI.pm).

> As for using Apache::Request->instance(), the CGI code is legacy code
> and uses CGI.pm exclusively, so I don't have the option of using the
> Apache::Request object without some code wading (not now).  Just out
> of curiosity, though, will something as simple as:
>
> $r = Apache::Request->instance();
> $q = CGI->new($r);
>
> work when using the instance method under mp1 regardless of whether the
> Apache::Request->instance() has been used in a prior handler?

No, that won't work.  It will work in mp2 though, because apache 2.x has
a much richer IO (filtering) scheme.  The mp2 version of Apache::Request
takes advantage of that.  CGI.pm doesn't though, so you need to be sure
Apache::Request is invoked before CGI.pm consumes all the post data.
But the situation of an auth-handler using Apache::Request, with a
Registry script using CGI.pm, should just work in mp2.  No kludges
required there.

--
Joe Schaefer