When installing via CPAN, I've never had a succesful test. But what
helps is to have your Apache already running during the test, and
when CPAN asks for the apache source either show it the directory of
the headers or give it a q. If all else fails try force-ing the
install.
For up to date RPM's try <FreshRPMs.net>

Jay Scherrer