angie ahl wrote:
Hi Again people.

24 hours later I've nearly got everything working right on mp2 on 2
servers, one linux and one OSX. Woo hoo.

The linux server is at an ISP and I'm trying to work out how to "use
lib" for a specific vhost.

PerlSwitches -I /path_to_site/perlmods

works inside the httpd.conf but not in a vhost which is what we need
as we don't want those modules being available to all sites (or
leading to the namespace nightmare)

So how can you add a directory to @inc in a vhost. A startup script
would be server wide so a little lost here.

You can't do that efficiently unless you involve perl interpreter pools (requires mp2).

Take a look at:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_Parent_

But it only makes sense in production if you are running a worker mpm. With prefork mpm and threaded perl this will work too, but I think it may require more memory. It really depends on your setup (i.e. what code you run). Give a try to both and see which is more efficient.