Kevin Murphy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the preferred way to build Apache 1.3.33 with mod_perl 1.29,
> mod_rewrite, and mod_proxy compiled in.  (I happen to be using Mac OS X
> 10.2 and perl 5.8.6, btw.)
>
> For some reason, while the mod_perl documentation is enormous, it is not
> clear how to do this.  (There is mention of an Apache "Configuration"
> file being passed to Apache's "./configure" command, which puts me in
> mind of somehow batching the ./configure switches, but I don't see
> anything about this possibility on the Apache side.)

the simplest way is to create a makepl_args.mod_perl file in your mod_perl
source directory and let it handle building everything.  for example

  APACHE_SRC=../apache-1.3/src
  DO_HTTPD=1
  USE_APACI=1
  EVERYTHING=1
  PERL_EXTRA_CFLAGS=-DAP_UNSAFE_ERROR_LOG_UNESCAPED
  APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=rewrite
  APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=proxy

would build httpd with mod_perl, mod_rewrite, and mod_proxy with a few
useful mod_perl things.  see the INSTALL document in the apache (not
mod_perl) sources for more APACI_ARGS flags.

HTH

--Geoff