On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:33:18AM +0000, gotta go wrote:
> trying to install libapreq2-2.04-dev on freebsd 4.8 results in the
> following error.

<snip>

> make: don't know how to make all-local. Stop
> *** Error code 1

This looks like a make error. I've not tried to build mp2 under FreeBSD,
but I know that some programs prefer gnumake (the make program that
comes with FreeBSD is not the same; hopefully these issues will be
resolved when more projects are ported to using Module::Build).

You can get gnumake from your ports/packages collection and retry the
build using gmake instead of make.

Good luck,
William

--