Hi Richard,

Sorry -- I should have been more specific:

On Feb 10, 2005, at 4:40 PM, Richard F. Rebel wrote:

How are you detecting that a process is growing by a couple megs?

Via "top" on the command line.

Also, you mention that the processes grow by a couple megs.  By this do
you mean that each subsequent fork is a few megs larger than the
parents?

Each fork (and also the parent) winds up being a few megs larger when the hash is loaded. Right now I'm testing with 5 children, and If I comment out the line that loads the module which loads the hash, all 6 processes wind up being larger.

One more question, what mpm are you using?

Old-style pre-fork.

Thanks!

- ben