On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 07:38:44AM -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> Pratik wrote:
> >>tried on success authentication ..
> >>$r->header_out('redirect.html');
> >>return REDIRECT;
> > Shouldn't you be doing :
> >
> > use Apache::Constants qw(REDIRECT OK);
> > [............]
> > [............]
> > $r->header_out(Location => 'redirect.html');

Hi,
  Yes, the top of the package's class usage was/is/has
  use Apache::Constant qw(:common REDIRECT);
    to elaborate..
    on successful authen the following returns to browser..

    print <<EOD;
    <head>
    <title>
    Redirect
    </title>
    </head>
    <h3>Redirect test..</h3>
    redirecting..
EOD
    ## 200
    return OK;

The client does get the above print results in their friendly
neighborhood browser && then 5 secs later ..  the redirection
occurs. However, the real physical file is never GET/gotten.
Even though the logs say.. well less the $REMOTE_IP and timestamps:)
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [.*] "POST /mydir HTTP/1.1" 200 -
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - - [.*] "GET /mydir/redirect.html HTTP/1.1" 200 507
Instead the browser gets the original html form.. with the desired
fully qualified URL in the URL window..

Now we do the RFC2616 dance..
GET /mydir/redirect.html HTTP/1.1
Host: myhost

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

1f4
Then the EOD print() block as indicated above..
OK;-? so our request loop loops back to the initial form:-*
So the thought was self .. maybe we need to return immediately
if we have run this handler already.. so short circuit the
handler cold.. worth a try. Still no dice..
return OK unless $r->is_initial_req;

Howto  transfer control away from the handler() to
our final destination redirected url?

Much appreciate all the input.

Best Regards,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]