On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 13:46 -0500, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> After glancing around the mod_perl cookbook and practical mod_perl
> books, I think i can simply call a mod_perl hook to set the user as
> authenticated and (i imagine) use some sort of apache auth system.

You would need to use something like a cookie.

> Also, shooting myself in the foot on this, In the future I would like
> to split the server into 2 processes, and httpd and httpd_perl , so
> mod_perl overheard is only used when necessary.  I can't even imagine
> any way to handle passing  the user authentication from one server to
> the other for that.  Perhaps there is some method and its not too hard?

We use mod_auth_tkt, but it only supports apache 1.x.  I'd like to find
something equivalent for 2.x.

It is cookie-based and allows for different levels of auth.  A pretty
useful mod, especially since you can share auth with web apps written in
PHP or Java.

- Perrin