On Feb 14, 2005, at 1:54 PM, Larry Leszczynski wrote:

Depending on how bulky the regen process is, one option might be to
register a PerlCleanupHandler and let the httpd child do the regen after
the user response is sent.

I looked into this, but I didn't like the idea of httpd getting tied up. The regen-check process only takes between 0.01 and 0.03 seconds right now (depending on whether the page needs to be re-rendered), but I'm working with only about 40 pages, and one user. The issue is that this has to happen for every single page view, so as we scale up the number of documents and the number of users, I'm concerned that httpd would be spending a good chunk of its time in limbo.

- ben