Jie Gao wrote:

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Jie Gao wrote:

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:26:07 +1100 (EST)
From: Jie Gao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: [mp2]"opaque string-content tables"

Hi All,

"APR::Table allows its users to manipulate opaque string-content tables."

What does it mean by "opaque"?

On the C level that means: you can put in strings and whatever you put in your get out.

On the Perl level that means that we convert any scalars into strings and store that. Any special information that was in the perl scalar is not stored. So for example if a scalar was marked as utf8, that flag is lost.

That explanation should probably live here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/APR/Table.html#Description

if the way I've put it is clear, I'll add it there.

Also a related question about APR::Table:

Does a table object contain all the name/value pairs parsed from the
request line (with arguments/query strings) and from the body of the
request (like from POST), in a situation of a POST form that has a
query string at the end of the URL?

I know the CGI module does it well, but I do not want to use that
module for what I am doing at this time.

I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about, Jie. Are we talking about something like $r->headers_in table? In which case it doesn't have any query string data, other than the unparsed one, which you should get/set via $r->args anyway. If not, please explain.