Joe Schaefer wrote:
Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Geoffrey Young wrote:

[...]

automatic per-request is definitely the way to go if we can do it -
people just don't understand the unusual scoping of this field, so
helping them along is probably best.

sure, let's do that.

It might also be nice to have this method croak in a non-prefork mpm.

It already does:

        MP_CROAK_IF_THREADS_STARTED("setting $r->document_root");

Joe, would you like to merge in the code you've posted before or do
you want me to handle that?

I can do it, but it'll take a few days for me to find the tuits.
If it's easier for you to do it sooner, please feel free to handle
it yourself.

Take your time Joe, doesn't seem like there is any rush. I'll put it on the TODO list (todo/release) though so it won't fall between chairs.