On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 05:35:56PM -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Joe, shouldn't the APR API emit some kind of errors in the situation like
> William has with jail env+ac_cv_o_nonblock_inherited thingy, rather than
> silently fail?

The issue is that the configure test couldn't make a decision, but
configure tests are always binary yes/no not yes/no/dunno and that's
really the nature of the beast.

The only viable solution to this type of problem in general is to ensure
that the APR test suite catches it by checking that the determined
behaviour matches the actual behaviour; then you can say to people who
see these weird mod_perl failures "go run the APR test suite" and have a
simpler path to diagnose the problem.

Maybe it already *does* catch this problem, I don't know.

joe