        From: Perrin Harkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wed 3/2/2005 8:26 AM
        To: Goehring, Chuck, RCI - San Diego
        Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
        Subject: RE: Question about Files directive

        On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 08:16 -0800, Goehring, Chuck, RCI - San Diego
        wrote:
        > An ordinary cgi script would be parsed every time regardless of the
        > container used to specify the handler.

        Not to gang up on you, Chuck, but the question was about running things
        under Apache::Registry, so the script would not be parsed every time.
        A::R does a stat on the file every time, but doesn't parse it again
        unless it has changed.

        Scripts are parsed every time when running under CGI instead of
        mod_perl, but in that case the modules are parsed every time too.

        - Perrin