jonathan vanasco wrote:
I can't seem to find this in the books or online docs

All files seem to be created 600 owned by the Apache user/group - which is a little annoying for me

is there a setting available?

Could you please be more specific, jonathan? What 'all files' are you talking about?

mod_perl (in fact Apache-Test) only changes the ownership of files under t when you run the test suite as root (so Apache can access those files). But none of these is installed during 'make install'.

ExtUtils::MakeMaker installs the files first in blib/ and then at the final destination, but it does so as the 'user' you've run 'perl Makefile.PL' with. And it always uses 600, this is the same for any perl module you download from CPAN. Of course if you run the build as the Apache user/group you will get that user as the owner of those files.

So I'm not what other files you are talking about.