On 08/03/2005 @ 05:01 GMT, Stas Bekman, [EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote:

>Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> I'm trying to compile modperl-2.0_20050305233800 with Apache 2.0.47 >on
>>OS X.2.8 and I'm getting at the beginning of `make test':

>> waiting 120 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error on line 2164 of
>>/Users/phil/Desktop/modperl-2.0/t/conf/httpd.conf:
>> <Perl> directive missing closing '>'
>
>Phil, any chance you could use a newer Apache version, where this has
>been
>fixed? (you should do that at least due to the security problems found
>and
>fixed in the more recent versions).

[...]

I did in fact upgrade to 2.0.48 (based on the assumption that a minor upgrade
would preserve my config and be relatively painless) after learning of the bug
in 2.0.47.

Unfortunately, I now have a shared library problem to solve:

/Library/Apache2/bin/apachectl start
dyld: /Library/Apache2/bin/httpd version mismatch for library:
/Library/Apache2/lib/libexpat.0.dylib (compatibility version of user: 5.0.0
greater than library's version: 2.0.0)
/Library/Apache2/bin/apachectl: line 87: 15100 Trace/BPT trap          $HTTPD
-k $ARGV

before I can get on with compiling mod_perl-2.0 RC4.

I've asked on the Apache Users list and am awaiting a reply but if you know of
a quick fix... :-)

Thanks for the reply,

Cheers,

Regards,