svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/tags/1_999_21 modperl2

Fetching external item into 'modperl2\docs'

actually fetches from https:// - it jumps scope, breaks non-ssl clients.

Fetching external item into 'modperl2\Apache-Test'
svn: URL
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/Apache-Test'
doesn't exist

also fetches from https:// but worse, Apache-Test moved.

This isn't a workable scenario, since 1_999_21 is a tag, but tries to grab
these moving targets which can't be traced back at the time.

I'm not certain what the right answer is, but I suspect it involves
breaking the 'checkout other' association and making an svn copy of these
dependencies into the release tag.  This seems like the purest solution,
and such tag copies are cheap.  If the desire is to use some specific
version of Apache-Test or docs, it's simply to copy that tags/ tree
instead of the trunk/.

I did check https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/test/tags/ and
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-Test/tags/ and did not
see anything corresponding to 1_999_21 (although earlier releases
obviously did tag these files appropriately.)

If I had a vote, it would be most definitely -1 for the RC4 tarball,
simply due to this inability to track what it contained.  I'm working
from 1_999_21 and yesterday's Apache-Test, and will evaluate the
general results in anticipation of an RC5.

Definitely think 2.0 is overdue, but these versioning issues aught
to be resolved first.

Bill