Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 15:05 -0500, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

i've found sqlite3 to be waaaay faster than mysql for simple transactions and, while there can be delays from locking, the speed improvements of querying more than make up for it in the instances I've tested

Sounds good.  I'll see if I can do some simple benchmarks in the next
few days.

- Perrin

Do I get the feeling this is getting a bit off-topic ? :-)

Let me rephrase my original questions :

Assuming a Unix or WindowsNT/2k/xp server running Apache 2+, perl 5.8.4+ and mod_perl2 and assuming I would like to use the same code on both,
and assuming the data I mention below is a perl hash of approximately 8 Kb in size, possibly initialised by a mod_perl startup script,

a) is it possible/easy to share this data between a number of Apache2/mod_perl2 request handlers ? If yes, how ?

b) if yes, is it still possible if one of these handlers, from time to time, wants to modify this data ?

c) if no, does anyone know of any other, preferably simple, solution ?

Thanks
André Warnier