jet wrote:

i'm losing my mind here;

to protect the client, i am 're-naming' the module names for confidentiality, but I have a seriously weird problem that is not adding up to anything intuitive for me at all.

We have a foundation module that deals with interacting with our databases... higher level modules then base themselves off this foundation,. which provides functionalities such as ->select, ->new, ->save, ->update, ->find ...

well, we've recently upgraded servers and moved towards apache2/modperl2

more precisely:

httpd-2.0.52-9.ent
mod_perl-1.99_16-4

I'd say that you should upgrade mod_perl to the latest and greatest and look if the problem goes away.