Joe Schaefer wrote:
Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

What should the manpage say? something like the following?

  The function assumes GMT, regardless of the used timezone,
  according to RFC 2616 Section 3.3 requires.

No need to mention the RFC; how about this?

APR::Date::parse_http is a perl wrapper for the apr_date_parse_http() function provided by libaprutil.
Please check your libaprutil documentation for a complete list of supported formats and restrictions (in particular,
this function assumes GMT, regardless of the used timezone).

Grr, it's OK if you tell me about apr_date_parse_http(), it's the best to save the perl users the trouble of learning about the existence of the underlying C API. Especially since for the most part the C API is either very terse or most of the time lacking completely. And they need to figure out where to get that documentation. I'd rather document whatever is needed to help the perl users to get most of the information in the perl API manpages. And only in the more advanced cases point to the C API.

-- __________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com