Michael Schout wrote:
I am wondering what the best way is to read POST data under MP2.

In MP1, I was using $r->content for this.  In MP2, $r->content does not
exist, so I used the version from an earlier copy of Apache::compat,
which was using $r->get_client_block() instead.

Now, get_client_block() is apparently deprecated, and I am left with the
choice of:

1) using $r->read().  CGI.pm apparently does it this way.
2) Use APR::Brigade.  Apache2::compat from 2.0.0 RC5 does provides
content() this way.
3) some other way that I do not know about :).

I am unclear what the advantages are for either approach.  The
APR::Brigade docs do not really clarify this for me.

Does anyone know which of these methods is better and why?

Michael, as Jonathan has replied it's now the job of CGI.pm, APR::Request and other modules to provide this service. In the lack of it, you can use the following code:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/perl/modperl/trunk/t/lib/TestCommon/Utils.pm?rev=160947&view=markup
(see the read_post sub in it, drop the debug code to not add the overhead)