Hello Stas,

I'd like to know more about your suggestion of 'running separate mod_perl servers for each host'. Can you elaborate on that? I mean, do you mean to run multiple copies of Apache?

The question is whether you want to use it. Perl w/ithreads not only slows things down and requires more memory, while ok for dev purposes, it will probably won't scale well in production. The reason, cloning a new perl thread under the server with many modules loaded and busy CPU may take... a few minutes.

We should really wait till perchild and/or metux [1] are completed, which is when you will be able to use a scalable solution for independant vhosts. The problems is that it doesn't seem that anybody is working on those.

The best solution for now if you have conflicting namespaces, is to run separate mod_perl servers for each host.

[1] http://nibiru.borg.metux.de:7000/wiki.mpm/