Tom Schindl wrote:

Stas Bekman schrieb:
| Tom Schindl wrote:
| [...]
|
|> Perl with compiled threads support (used or not used) is much slower and
|> when new threads are started the whole memory is copied over because
|> there's no copy-on-write logic like there is for fork.
|

| Actually there is COW in the recent perls, but it doesn't perform very
| well.

Good to know. I'm following p5p but have only recognized the CLONE_SKIP
discussion ;-)

Just visited the p5p Olympus, and I was told that while COW exists it's not used by perl_clone (threads) yet. But it's planned to try and see whether it improves the situation some time later (probably after Nicholas releases 5.8.7).