[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
hi i don't get it. the below filter does output the content alright it seems, but the setting of the header *value* is incorrect. (?)
so the $f->print statement prints correct output
why is that and how to fix this ??

Allan, I suggest that you spend time reading this document: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html

Clearly you don't realize that filters are invoked multiple times.

See my other reply for an example of a working code. If after reading the doc you have questions, I'd be glad to answer those.

In particular notice that as soon as something is sent from the request handler out, apache will generate its HTTP response headers and you can't change those afterwards, since they were already sent to the client.