Thanks for the reply Philip.

I'm really not a guru at FreeBSD. I think I can code in the 'old way' until everything is resolved. No pain on my side.

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

Foo Ji-Haw wrote:

As of today 1900 SGT, I did a ports cvsup on my FreeBSD to install a nice fresh setup of apache2+modperl2. Interestingly the ports collection shows RC3 still.

I guess until the maintainer ([EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]@FreeBSD.org&subject=FreeBSD%20Port:%20mod_perl2-2.0.0r3,1>) updates the port, we will have to make do with RC3? If so, will there be a conflict with libapreq2 2.04RC3?

I was hoping to use Apache::DBI, but when I tried to install from the ports, it tries to install mp1. There aren't any p5-Apache2-DBI, so how are we able to install the Apache2::DBI (I'm assuming there is?)?

Its kind of iffy at the moment. You are correct the ports are laggy here specifically because of the mp2-RC5+ api change.
The update was rolled back because all of the associated ports like Apache::DBI for instance had not been updated yet making mp2RC5
kind of pointless.

You can always install from source.  It should be seemless.

cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8
make install distclean

cd /usr/ports/www/apache2

dowload mp2
and build

Apache DBI you can download by searching the archives of this list. I've posted one before. I believe Ask is in the proccess
of updating it per earlier e-mails.