--- Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 07:57 -0700, Igor Chudov
> wrote:
> > Can you be a little more specific? Are you talking
> > about damage such as abuse of resources, or are
> you
> > talking about gaining unauthorized privileges?
>
> Possibly both.  The thing is, no one uses Safe.
> Since no one uses it,
> you can't count on it to be thoroughly debugged.
> Much more discussion
> on it is here:
> http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=430804

Thanks Perrin. The ability of tutors to define perl
scripts is valuable, so I will dig more in this
direction, being mindful of Safe.pm vulnerabilities.
The main vulnerabilities of Safe that I have seen
mentioned personally, are related to use of bless and
tie, and therefore I disabled those opcodes. I
appreciate your input and I will treat safe.pm with
great caution.

- Igor