> >>You are correct, Grant. My apologies, t/REPORT is created at build time
> >>and it's only useful for the test suite bug reports. For post installed
> >>mod_perl there is mp2bug script which does a similar thing. It's mentioned
> >>  here:
> >>http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Important_Information
> >>but I need to drop the META comment. I'll fix that shortly. Please let us
> >>know if you could find mp2bug and run it and send the info here. thanks.
> >

> > I ran mp2bug and it looks like I am running 1.99.17.
>
> Cool.
>
> > I'm working on getting the core dump.  I got some instructions from
> > the Gentoo list (re-compile with proper settings, add 'uname -c
> > unlimited' to the apache2 initscript, and restart) but I can't find
> > any "core" files even though I'm getting segs.  I'll post the mp2bug
> > report along with the dump as soon as I have it, unless you'd like to
> > see the report now.
>
> See if this helps:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/debug/c.html#Getting_the_core_File_Dumped
>
> In any case, before you spend time on this you should upgrade to the
> newest mp2 first. Since it's possible that you hit a segfault that was
> fixed since then. In which case you are wasting your time.

Hey Stas,

I tracked down an unofficial mod_perl-2.0.0rc5 ebuild and followed
this stuff to the letter:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html

but got nothing but 500s.  You're right it doesn't make sense to track
down segfaults for old software, but upgrading right now seems
impossible.  I'm backing way off this.  Thanks for your help though.

- Grant