Cfaust,

What does your httpd.conf file say after the modules listing?
If it says something like:
#
#load configfiles from the config directory "/etc/httpd.conf.d"
#
Include conf.d/*.conf
#
Then check there for your: perl.conf file.
Within the perl.conf file you will find:

Then look for the perl_module in /etc/httpd/modules.

This is standard placement for Redhat Linux RPMs.
I have found that I can edit this perl.conf to customize my modPerl and
directories and script aliases