> My/Fixup.pm package exactly as
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=111445150218566&w=2
>
> Note 1:
>   - All references to Apache2 changed to Apache (fresh
> install of Fedora Core 3 & one up2date
>     (httpd is 2.0.52 and mp2 is 1.99_16-3)
>   - no complaints
>
> Problem 1:
>   - Error: Bareword "Apache::Const::DIR_MAGIC_TYPE"
> not allowed while "strict subs" in use ..
>   - Same complaint with Apache::Const::OK and
> Apache::Const::DECLINED
>   - Bad practice, but I commented out the use strict
> and use warnings ;

this needs to be fixed.  those constants are explicitly exported in
Fixup.pm, so if you're getting those warnings something is wrong.  the
pragmata you commented out is there for your protection - if you need to
comment it out something else is going wrong, which is clearly shown in your
next error:

>   - error: "Can't locate object method is_initial_req
> via package Apache::RequestReq

so, you need to figure out why the handler doesn't run cleanly before we can
diagnose why it's not performing its intended function.  for the latter
error, you might need to add

  use Apache::RequestUtil;

to Fixup.pm (though I'll need to see why it didn't fail for me).  for the
constants, something else is amuck.

--Geoff