Herve Guillemet wrote:
Herve, you've uncovered a bloody global perl context switch bug. Please try this patch (the reproducing tar ball now works for me under worker)

This test does run successfully with your patch.
Now define two directives.
Use one inside the Location, another outside, and core dumps again.
Test tarball attached.

Thanks Herve. Please try this patch on top of the one I've sent before.

Works so far for me with your new patch.

Thank you, Herve. I've committed the fixes.

Now I have a new problem with the patched version: no way to get the value of the configuration directive at the server level.
New test tarball attached.

That's a problem with the way your code is written. Please see the attached tarball that works. I suppose we need more examples at:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/custom.html
Please submit patches to improve those. You can find a complete coverage of the custom config API in the t/response/TestDirective/perlloadmodule* tests. Your case is covered by t/response/TestDirective/perlloadmodule.pm (see ServerTest).