Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Foo Ji-Haw wrote:
>
>>Hi guys,
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>I use ActivePerl (on Windows), and it seems that I can't
>>do a 'ppm install apache2-soap'; it's not on their library
>>list.

The current PPM/CPAN building system at ActiveState is not
able to build modules that need such complicated dependencies
as Apache(2)/mod_perl(2)

>> Other than downloading the tar.gz file and unpacking
>>it into the perl/site/lib/ folder on my own, is there a
>>cleaner way to do it?

Use Randy's cool PPM::Make to make your own PPD then install
it with PPM

$> ppm_make -i --ppd=$PWD Apache2::SOAP
$> ppm install $PWD/CPAN-Search-Lite.ppd

> I've submitted to the soaplite-dev mailing list:
>  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=soaplite-dev
> a patch to SOAP::Lite to provide (current) mod_perl-2
> support, but I haven't heard back about it. You could
> either apply this patch, or you can grab Apache2::SOAP
> (and SOAP::Transport::HTTP2) from
>  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cpan-search/CPAN-Search-Lite/lib/
> and install them under your $PERL\site\lib. Use of
> Apache2::SOAP is the same as Apache::SOAP.
>
> If there was interest, I could bundle up Apache2::SOAP and
> make it available as a separate distribution.

I'd certainly make use of a separate Apache2::SOAP distro ;-) But for now, I'll
just use your submitted patch.