On Tuesday 14 June 2005 21:21, Arshavir Grigorian wrote:
> >>I have some code that takes a long time to execute. What I would like to
> >>do is to display several real time status messages on the user's browser
> >>as the work is being done (Started doing A ... Done, Started doing B ...
> >>Done, etc). Then once the work is done, I would like to wipe the status
> >>messages and display some results.

You can try to set the connection's keepalive status to close, send the
initial status with a Refresh-header and register a cleanup handler either
for the request or the connection. (I'd prefer the connection) That cleanup
handler is then the place to do your long-time computing.

See Apache2::Connection::keepalive, Apache2::Request::connection,
Apache2::Request::pool or Apache2::Connection::pool,
Apache2::Pool::cleanup_register.

Torsten