Hi guys,

I'm thinking of having Apache+modperl (not much modperl used) start up services when Apache starts up. I did a simple test with PerlRequire and I notice that at startup, the script is run 3 times. But I can possibly start the same service (or run 3 instances of the service as some of them are command-line programs) 3 times. I tried to flock a file as a control measure, but it seems that in Windows/ ActivePerl, flock() does not really work. I also tried another dirty trick, which is to check for presence of a dummy lock file. If the file is present, then skip the service startup. Also did not work.

I am out of ideas. Any one did this before?