Sean Davis wrote on 24.06.2005:

>>After going through all this, I did an ApacheBench with/without
>>Apache::DBI being used (1000 requests, 10 concurrent), and it
>>turned out that Apache::DBI is actually slowing down delivery from
>>13 requests/second to 7.78 (on my local test machine).
>
>Were any of these requests hitting the database?

Yes, all of them. Every single page on the site(s) is loaded from the database.

Octavian Rasnita wrote on 24.06.2005:

>So the recommendation is to not use Apache::DBI?

That sounds reasonable at this point. I was just wondering why Apache::DBI is
effectively slowing down delivery in this setup where a lot of DB requests are
involved.

Is it because my scripts still contain a $dbh->disconnect() and overriding this
causes a certain latency?

Thanks,

Jan
--
I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member. - Groucho
Marx