Joshua Hoblitt wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm getting cgid errors in t/logs/error_log unless I set 'ScriptSock' in
> t/conf/extra.conf.in.

that is already set for you in t/conf/extra.conf.in

  <IfModule mod_cgid.c>
      ScriptSock logs/cgisock
  </IfModule>

if that code isn't in your t/conf/extra.conf.in you must be using a really
old version of mod_perl :)

> I found this issue in a thread from 2003 that appears to have resolved
> this.
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/modperl/1823561

if you follow the whole thread you'll see that the fix was applied, which
resulted in the above <IfModule> block.

> Although Apache::Test is definitely inheriting the cgid conf from the
> system files.  Under t/conf:

> $ grep -i cgid *

that really doesn't help me.  a cut-and-paste of the appropriate mod_cgid
configuration with context would be a better help.

but the real issue is why mod_cgid is ignoring the ScriptSock directive we
give it.  please visit http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ and follow the
directions there so we can get a feel for your environment.

--Geoff