Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

Hmmm.... seems like the example on that page relies on

use mod_perl;
to get $mod_perl::VERSION
However, mod_perl.pm has changed to mod_perl2.pm in the newer version of mod_perl that's now on my system, so it doesn't appear that the example at http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#mod_perl_1_0_and_2_0_Constants_Coexistence solves this particular problem.

s/mod_perl/mod_perl2/g

Correct, that will change mod_perl to mod_perl2 in my source, but my point was that it won't help in the case of attempting to maintain one code base (my code) in terms of whether to include modules from the Apache:: or Apache2:: namespace. Perhaps the exsitence of and the particular value of $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} might be better suited.

--
Jim Albert