Stas Bekman wrote:
Malte Ubl wrote:

Can you reproduce the problem at will?

Unfortunately not. Although I have seen the problem on our development system (where I was testing), the problem is not reproducable. As I said the live system doesn't behave deterministically either. The conditions under which is fails are always similar, but it doesn't fail always under these conditions.

I'd try to use ab or something similar on the dev machine to reproduce it. Do you know what script/args does it hit when you get this error? e.g. you could customise the $SIG{__DIE__} handler or put that code above in eval {} and log the args and the uri of the request that has caused the problem. However sometimes the error happens on the next request following the request that has triggered the problem.

We only have a single script that handles the XML-RPC-Requests. We can enable logging of the Parameters being passed back and forth. If we could only reproduce the problem :)

Our code is not using any specials variables though except %SIG for alarm.

I've used $$ just as an example, any variable can be affected.

How does a variable become read-only? Is that something that can be done on C/XS Level?

If the error occurs, it seem to bubble from apache child to apache child like an infection (Although it seems to take a pretty long time (like 15 Minutes)). That's why I always figured that this bug must be releated to source code that is being modified and copied to the children.

Could it be some environment issue? running out of disk space, RAM, etc.?

RAM would be possible. We'll look into that and maybe go down with MaxClients a little. It doesnt look like we have ever hit the SWAP though.

Thanks,

Malte

--
SCHAFFHAUSEN COMMUNICATION GROUP
Schaffhausen Advertising GmbH / Daimlerstraße 17 / 25337 Elmshorn

Fon +49 41 21.47 29-459 / Fax +49 41 21.47 29-455
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / www.schaffhausen.de