Depending on how advanced your serialisation needs are, you might have
a look at Data::Dump::Streamer
(http://search.cpan.org/~yves/Data-Dump-Streamer-1.14/). Yves has put
quite a lot of work into making it handle just about every twisted
case you can devise; this includes sane dumping of closures (which
Storable and B::Deparse can't) and blessed regexes with overloaded
stringification. It's not as fast as some other modules, but it can't
be beat for flexibility.

Collin