>>probably.  patches welcome :)
>

> Along this lines, I was going to prepare a patch to make this a clearer
> but I couldn't find where extra.last.conf.in was documented (since I
> thought this would be a good place to explain what you might put into
> it). I search perl.apache.org and while there are several mentions of
> "extra.conf.in" I couldn't find any for "extra.last.conf.in".

hmm, maybe it isn't documented there, then.  I know I wrote about it in an
article I did for perl.com

  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/07/08/mod_perl.html?page=3

but I didn't realize it wasn't documented anywhere on perl.apache.org :)
and apparently stuff has changed since that article was written anyway - I'm
99% sure that putting PerlLoadModule in extra.conf.in didn't keep httpd from
starting back then.  but who can remember that far back...

really, I hardly know what's documented and where anymore on the
perl.apache.org site and docs, as the docs have grown substantially over the
past few years and, for the most part, stas has done all the work.

so, if you're inclined enough to produce a patch, feel free to insert
extra.last.conf.in notes wherever it makes sense to you.

--Geoff