On Jul 11, 2005, at 3:23 PM, John Saylor wrote:

hi

i have a problem with initializing perl data structures from the db. i
have an init routine that does all kinds of stuff and is called from
startup.pl. one of the things i wanted it to do was to grab some stuff
from the db and populate a hash with it.

I do stuff like that in modules that are use-d in my startup.pl. They have code in BEGIN blocks, or just the body of the module outside of subroutines, and set up hashes that can be reached by a class method call. Does that not work in your case?

Barry Hoggard