On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 22:31 +0000, Terrence Brannon wrote:
>    At the moment, the sysadmins see no way to run mod_perl such that the
>    mod_perl requests can run as a specific user. Unless I can find a way
>    to have mod_perl processes for each virtual host run as a specific
>    user, we will have mod_perl shutdown.

That looks like apache 1, so they are correct.  You could proxy requests
to separate apache servers for each virtual host, or you could look at
something else like SpeedyCGI.

In theory, there is another option if you can use apache 2/mod_perl 2,
but I haven't personally tried it.  See the "Parent" option in this
page:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html

- Perrin