Hi

In O'Reilly Practical mod_perl Appendix C Under C.1. Users Sharing a Single Web
Server it states:

mod_perl 2.0 improves the situation, since it allows a pool of Perl
interpreters to be dedicated to a single virtual host. It is possible to set
the UIDs and GIDs of these interpreters to be those of the user for which the
virtual host is configured, so users can operate within their own protected
spaces and are unable to interfere with other users.

Or is this not the case anymore?

Shane De Jager wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am in the process of moving to mod perl from CGI. Under modCGI i could set
> UIDs and GID with suExec. Is this possible with mod_perl2? If so, how is it
> done?
Not at the moment, Shane.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Is_it_possible_to_run_mod_perl_enabled_Apache_as_suExec_

This may change in the future if perchild or metux MPM will be released.
This will allow to have groups of processes/threads running under a given
uid/gid, which may or may not suit your needs (e.g. it probably won't
scale well if you have hundreds of users you want to 'suexec' to).

--
Shane De Jager
Technical Developer

INTERGAGE
High-performance, updateable Web sites

Switchboard   +44(0)845 456 1022
Direct Dial      +44(0)1202 688 219
==
www.intergage.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Are you aware of our referral scheme? Learn how you could profit personally
from passing us leads.

Click here to pass a referral: www.intergage.co.uk/referrals