It might be that your variable aren't scoped properly.
Try:

use strict;

my $variable
or
our $variable
to keep the variable scoped to the packages they're in.

Boysenberry

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to Humaniteque and / or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.

http://www.habitatlife.com
The World's Best Site Builder