On 8/15/05, Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 15:48 -0500, David Nicol wrote:

>>   Tell the designer to make the variable substitution names red,
>>   and specify in your template system configuration
> >           target_regex => qr{<font color="FF0000">\s*([^<]+?)\s*</font>};

> You won't get far with that before you need to use a variable in a place
> where the font tags would violate XHTML.  Petal is a much more complete
> solution.
>
> - Perrin

How do you get, for instance, netscape composer, to generate a "span" tag?
Do the industrial GUI HTML tools all provide span tags?  I'm totally
ignorant here,
as I do all my HTML editing in vi, but most of the people I know who claim to
be HTML designers use some microsoft tool that gets taught in HTML design
classes in vo-tech.  Electroshock or something like that. Dreamweaver,
that's it.
There was a little video of Dreamweaver, the song, in a "hits of the
70s" advertisement
on television last night.

(getting tired of this thread)

--
David L Nicol
Do you really not know the difference between