During the tests i've an error:

/home/asm/apache2054/bin/bin/httpd  -d
/usr/home/asm/soft/Apache/mod_perl-2.0.1/t -f
/usr/home/asm/soft/Apache/mod_perl-2.0.1/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2 -D
PERL_USEITHREADS
using Apache/2.0.54 (prefork MPM)

waiting 120 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error on line 12 of
/usr/home/asm/soft/Apache/mod_perl-2.0.1/t/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/home/asm/soft/Apache/mod_perl-2.0.1/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so into
server: /usr/home/asm/soft/Apache/mod_perl-2.0.1/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so: Undefined
symbol "apr_os_thread_current"
*** /usr/local/bin/perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 2) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=freebsd, osvers=4.7-release, archname=i386-freebsd-thread-multi-64int
    uname='freebsd sspserver.dev 4.7-release freebsd 4.7-release #3: mon jun 2
17:20:39 msd 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:usrsrcsyscompilesmp i386 '
    config_args=''
    usethreads=define use5005threads=undef useithreads=define
usemultiplicity=define
    useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=define use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef

Whats happened here is that your PERL is ithread enabled and thus mod_perl thinks it should be too. Unfortunately, the APR library you are linking against is not thread enabled (-lpthread or -llibc_r). BTW you don't want the latter, use -lpthread on FreeBSD. You might need to edit your /etc/libmap.conf file (see my previous posts on this)

A _VERY_ likely reason as I am a freebsd guy myself, is that you've installed Subversion or some other port that installs apr. That apr is not threaded. The apr-1-config and apu-1-config binaries are in your path (/usr/local/bin). This causes the HTTPD build to link against the WRONG apr/apr util libraries. Later when mod_perl2 calls apxs to get the path for things, its given the wrong ones causing the error you see.

The easiest solution for me is to temporarily move them out of your PATH during compilation or rename them temporarily.

I'm surprised, that you didn't get this during the mod_perl2 compile as thats where I usually get it and smack myself.

I'm tempted to add a note to the mp2 build page about this, but don't know exactly how to word it.

--
END
                Nothing is impossible.

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 301.254.5198
Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
  http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
       http://www.liquidation.com
       http://www.uksurplus.com