Perrin Harkins wrote:

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 12:21 -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:
I have no idea how. I can't use yum... nor can I use the CPAN shell. Any advice on how to complete this?

Installing things from CPAN is pretty well-covered in the Perl
documentation, and not just from CPAN shell.

In short, you can download the packages, unpack them, and do the
standard install steps.  The latest versions at this moment are
available here:
http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.11/
http://search.cpan.org/~gozer/mod_perl-2.0.1/

- Perrin

Here is the mod_perl2 install issues

 CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GO/GOZER/mod_perl-2.0.1.tar.gz

no conflicting prior mod_perl version found - good.
************* WARNING *************

 Your Perl is configured to link against libgdbm,
 but libgdbm.so was not found.
 You could just symlink it to /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0.0

************* WARNING *************

Next we need to know where the 'apxs' script is located. This script
provides a lot of information about the Apache installation, and makes
it easier to find things on your system. Normally it's located in the
same directory as the 'httpd' executable.

If you don't yet have Apache installed you can build Apache against
the Apache source code, but you won't be able to run the test suite (a
very important step). Therefore you may want to install Apache before
proceeding.

Please provide a full path to 'apxs' executable
(press Enter if you don't have it installed):  /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/apxs

[ error] Unable to open /usr/local/psa/admin/include/ap_release.h: No such file or directory
[  error] Unable to determine server version, aborting.
[  error] Invalid MP_APXS specified?
Running make test
 Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
 Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

As a note... This system uses Plesk... hence the location of the apxs bin.

-Jon
  • Re: Hello Jonathan Steffan