On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 14:13 +1000, Badai Aqrandista wrote:
> Lots of SQL queries and calculation based on the query results. I've cached
> most of the query results, but the calculation results can't be cached
> because they depend on user inputs.

If this is serious number-crunching, it might be one of the few times
where using C really does make sense for that part.

> POE sounds good to start with, right?

For a daemon to monitor a queue?  Probably not.  I'd just write a simple
script that polls a database table and forks a new process to handle any
jobs it finds.  Parallel::ForkManager is handy for this kind of thing.

- Perrin